Friday, July 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Yes! I’ve (barely) made the deadline! Here’s my entry for the month of July. Hey, don’t blame me, man, blame lousy TMnet connections and cheap, ultra-slow narrowband modems. (Y’know, I actually typed this entire entry in a café. Right before time ran up and I had to retype the whole damn thing at home.)

I watched Superman Returns a couple of days back. Yeah, it’s a little late. For all I care I should’ve missed it. I’m sure everyone’s pretty convinced that there’s nothing super about Superman Returns. There was one particular scene though, I think where Lois told Clark about how hard it was to say goodbye. I was actually half sleeping but I couldn’t agree more.

Around the first week of July we had our little farewell for Alex. Oh, everybody loves Alex! And everyone loves his little garden-dinner cum barbeque with a lamb-on-a-spit thing. And his father’s queer magic tricks. We were so high during the World Cup season that Mr. Yap actually had the guts to show Mrs. Yap the Yellow Card. Hahah, I personally thought that was quite funny. Alex’s daddy didn’t proceed with the Red Card for obvious reasons.

It’s sad that Xinging in the Loong doveman didn’t get his fare share of attention even though he was leaving a day after Alex.

But wait! I did some serious kayaking with the dove at Redang! It started off sorta like this. We were doing some really slow paddling around ships, watching and laughing as people get thrown off the banana boat, seeing a couple in dire needs of our help, seeing how nice the beach was from th-----eh, hold. A couple in dire need?! Yes, Loong and I heroically decided to help the poor pair who was trying desperately to fight the tall waves and strong current. By the time we got close enough to help, the waves knocked us over. So much for a rescue.

We spent our remaining time laughing our heads off battling against the waves on our canoe. Su and Ben joined us, of course. The thought of the needy couple flew off our minds like a little white dove.

Then came the day where we said goodbye to diva dear SuYee. Quite a warm evening, that one. And it wasn’t really our fault that we were late! There was a massive jam on the Putra Trains! And bowling was way, way too fun! So we did our talking, ate a good and homely-like dinner with Mrs. Lee’s pasta contribution. After filling our bellies, the host tried to get a nice, emotional reflection moment from all of us by sitting IN her room IN the dark. We ended up talking about nonsense. AGAIN. Laugh, talk, laugh. Bye, take care, bye. Oh yeah, Andrew’s a pig for hogging up Su’s bed like that.

I said another painful goodbye to two hundred and fifty bucks when a taxi hit me the other day. That was my first “real” accident. Previous accounts include knocking over trashcans and ramming into pillars. The old, angry uncle was talking so much so fast I just had to pay him for the damage. The car I drove lost a side-light and a head bumper because of that collision. Damn you, old man! That money was for buying DVDs!

The following days, were, hmmm, quite unexpected. I met up with people I thought I’d never see again. One started off by a simple Friendster message. That outing we had inspired the other “unexpected” meet-ups I had. I should do more unexpected outings in the future, really.

This evening I’ll be meeting up with lovely ol’ Sophia, Benben and pigman Andrew. I have no reason to doubt that there’ll be some sad goodbyes tonight, too.

Screw this thought—saying goodbye to nice, cheap food. Having little hugs with family members and old friends. Waving farewell to a slack, stress-free life here in Malaysia. For the most of us, SAYING HELLO TO SINGAPORE AGAIN! Wa,wa—wait. Lemme just let this thought sink in before I sign off. You know what, forget it. The thought speaks for itself.

Buddabyebyebye. My next entry will originate from another country.

No comments: