It seems that my eyes are opening a little wider each day.
Things around us are getting more vivid, as they started out a bit vague. I see a little more about the people around me, I see more of my surroundings, but most importantly I think I’ve seen a little bit more of myself.
Maybe that’s what people call gaining maturity. I can’t say that for myself ‘cause I’m sure I ain’t as mature as my age needs me to be. There are a great many things that could get on my nerves and I personally feel that that’s my biggest drawback. It puzzles me as my dad is the most patient person on the planet (is he really my dad???). Emotionalymphalysis is my disease. Haha.
Well anyway, working in Citibank close to 2 months now has definitely made me realise that I’m not alone. Everyday I sniff out stenches of emotionalymphalysis through the telephone receiver once the line connects with my customers.
“Why is Citibank making my life a living hell?! Why can’t you just leave me alone?! Aiyaaah…no need to tell me this lah…I’m a very busy man you know?!”
Hmm.
They aren’t all like that; the customers. Some of them are actually quite nice. There was this one case where a lady actually called me back to thank me for handling her case. Well just think of that! I was practically beaming with smiles the rest of that day. The satisfaction was worth a million bucks.
Well then, the world will just smack you right back in the face. On the other side of the coin is this particular Singh fellow (hey I’m not being a racist, okay) who was just the mother of all jackasses. He got pissed and forced me and my supervisor to attend to him for a freaking one and a half hours on the line just to get him to fax over his IC. ONE AND A HALF HOURS, FOR GOD’S SAKE!
“Aiyaaah…no need to tell me this lah…I’m a very busy man you know?!”
Son of a bitch.
But my hands were tied! I had to continue addressing him as “Sir” and kept apologising on the bank’s behalf. Actually, patience shouldn’t exist when you’re faced with people like him. I could have attended to more than a couple more good customers that might have genuinely needed my help. Breathe, Kim, breathe…..
I’ve learnt one thing though—you don’t have to be a saint, just don’t be an ass.
No comments:
Post a Comment